It's party time! Join us on Sunday December 17th to celebrate Fondation Opale’s fifth anniversary and the official inauguration of the art center's new spaces! Come and discover the brand-new 125-seat
It’s party time! Join us on Sunday December 17th to celebrate Fondation Opale’s fifth anniversary and the official inauguration of the art center’s new spaces!
Come and discover the brand-new 125-seat auditorium and foyer, the library – a resource center for contemporary Aboriginal art – and the new storage space for the artworks.
This day also marks the opening of HIGH FIVE!, a bold participative exhibition inviting Swiss culture figures to enter into conversation with Aboriginal art.
- Official part with State Councillor Mathias Reynard, Australian Ambassador to Switzerland Elizabeth Day, president of Lens David Bagnoud and Chair of Fondation Opale Bérengère Primat
- Interlude by group 14/18 and the Malawurr band (yidaki – didgeridoo)
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony and aperitif
- Discover the new spaces to the sound of Loris Mittaz (piano) and DJ Plaisirs Auditifs
- Meet artist Yhonnie Scarce, descendant of the Kokatha and Nukunu peoples
- Meet West Kimberly artist Darrell Sibosad
- Mapping / lighting show on the façade of the new building and a water curtain over Lac du Louché
We look forward to seeing you in Lens for this festive day!
(Sunday) 11:00 - 18:00